Travel Surface Streets
Address & Neighborhood Map
The Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden is located in Pasadena, approximately eight miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
The garden entrance is at 270 Arlington Drive, between South Orange Grove Boulevard and South Pasadena Avenue.
The City of Pasadena prohibits our visitors from parking on the surrounding residential streets. Please follow the signs to park on-site.
On Sunday Open Days* parking is also available in the lot we share with the Westridge School (click here for map).
Valet parking or shuttle service is required for all private events.
*The garden is open to the public the last Sunday of each month, and every Thursday, from 10am to 4pm (see Calendar of Events Page). It can also be reserved for private invitation-only events.
Ride with LA Metro
Travel by Metro Rail Gold Line
Walking directions from the Fillmore Station:
- Exit Fillmore Station and turn right through gate at bottom of ramp
- Walk 1/4 block to Raymond
- Cross Raymond and continue straight (west) on Fillmore for one block to Fair Oaks
- Cross Fair Oaks, turn left and walk south several blocks to Glenarm
- Turn right on Glenarm to Pasadena Avenue
- Cross Pasadena Avenue and turn right
- Turn left on Arlington Drive
- The Garden will be on the left side
of the street: 270 Arlington Drive
(total walking distance = .75 mile)
Other Metro Bus & Rail Options
For more information on other Metro routes, including all Metro rail and bus lines, please view the system map below or visit the Metro website to use their Metro Trip Planner.
Use Local Bus Service
Schedules & Maps
Pasadena Transit offers local bus service throughout the City of Pasadena. Route 20, as well as Route 51/52, provide the most direct service to our area. Please use the links below to view or print those maps and schedules.
You can also plan your route using the Trip Planner on the Pasadena Transit website.